[MPlayer-users] mplayer -identify under a PHP script

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Sep 13 00:57:40 CEST 2004

Andrew Pritchard wrote:

> rcooley wrote:
>
>>> How can I persuade it to just give me the information and not try
>>> to play the movie?
>>
>> -frames 0
>
> Sorry to say - that's not fixed the problem. It still says that the
> Terminal Type is `unknown`.

It may not have fixed that problem, but it is the answer to the quoted
question; 'mplayer -identify -frames 0 filename' is the standard way to
get MPlayer to identify a file but not actually play it. If having the
playback start is not what you found annoying, then why did you ask
about it?

Have you tried '-identify -frames 0' back in your Perl script? Does that
result in the same problem? (If so, how did the Perl script manage to
actually function in the first place? - as I infer from your post that
it did.)

--
       The Wanderer, mostly unhelpful

side of it.