[MPlayer-users] error on VobSub v3 index files

Ulrich Schweitzer us- at gmx.de
Mon Sep 13 20:18:47 CEST 2004

Hi!

I have a feature request (if this can be called a feature).
Old VobSub v3 index files that were generated with the original windows
DirectVobSub contain a lot more header lines than what mencoder produces.
One of those lines is
custom colors: OFF, tridx: 0000, colors: 000, 000, 000, 000
(possibly there can be other numbers instead of zeros) which mplayer
doesn't like. It outputs an error message (ERROR in custom colors: OFF,
tridx: 0000, colors: 000, 000, 000, 000) and doesn't display any
subtitles. If I delete the line, everything works as expected.
Unfortunately deleting the line isn't really easy as I have a lot of
movies with those .idx-files burned on cds and I'm guessing other people
do, too.

I imagine it wouldn't be too much trouble to have mplayer silently ignore
this line or maybe display a warning but still use the .idx-file. I'd be
obliged if someone implemented this in one of the next releases.

TIA
Ulrich
--
PGP key ID: 0xDF6FC4FA

"A mouse is a device used to select the xterm you want to type in."
Author unknown