[MPlayer-users] -ss option time descrepancy

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux at peaktime.be
Tue Sep 14 16:30:16 CEST 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 10:47:58AM +0200, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
>
>>D Richard Felker III wrote:

>>>if you call 75% of all dvd's "pathological", then yes...
>>
>>I had no idea the situation was so bad. 75% of all DVDs are not
>>conforming to standards!?
>

> no, it's totally conformant. that's the problem...
>
> rich

Then I'm confused again, but that may be because I'm much more familiar
with MPEG1 than with any other codec or format. May I split the question
in 2:

(1) MPEG1: seeking should work if the MPEG is 100% shipshape.

(2) MPEG2: you say pathological but nevertheless conformant, could you
specify?

HaND,
--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Bd. du Souverain, 191  B-1160 Bruxelles