[MPlayer-users] can't get the gui to run

Scott Adamson scottadamson at sywaretech.com.au
Fri Sep 17 19:08:40 CEST 2004

gmplayer fails with the message "error in skin config file on line 11:
png read error ( /usr/local/share/mplayer/Skin/default/main )
Skin configfile read error ( default )."

This is using the 'Blue' skin. Originally I tried Abyss, it had failed the same way. I have pasted the skin file below. I can only
guess that this is occurring when the gui tries to load png files for the interface, perhaps a problem with a library. I have searched
list archives as well as Google without finding anything related, if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

regards

Scott

section = movieplayer

 window = main

  ;base=bitmap,x,y
  ; x:            | y:
  ;  -  0: left   |  -  0: top
  ;  - -1: center |  - -1: center
  ;  - -2: right  |  - -2: bottom
;  base = main-silver, -2, -2
  base = main, -2, -2 ## this is line 11 where the problem occurs

  ;button=bitmap,x,y,sx,sy,msg
  ; 1. bitmap: pressed  | x,y: position in window
  ; 2. bitmap: released | msg: name of system mes

--
Scott Adamson
Systems Administrator
scottadamson at sywaretech.com.au