[MPlayer-users] xv failure with S3 Inc. VT8375 ProSavage8

JSS jsahambi at iitg.ernet.in
Sun Sep 19 13:25:32 CEST 2004

Brian wrote:

>Hi:
>
>Slackware 10.0 (fresh install)
>xorg 'savage' driver
>default color depth 24
>default res 1280 x 1024
>
>Tried both Pre5 and todays current Mplayer builds.
>
>mplayer -vo xv -ao alsa Hellboy.avi <enter>

xv stopped working on my Debian/unstable machine after a recent upgrade.
xv support is not working with the folloiwng version of xfree 86:

ii  xserver-common 4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 files and utilities common to all X
servers
ii  xserver-xfree8 4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 the XFree86 X server
This is due to a bug. Check this
out:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=271235

>Everything APPEARS to work except the screen is a static blur of banded
>colors.
>
>-vo vesa works great on a command line console.
>
>-vo x11 works but non-expandable window.

try this: mplayer -vo x11 yourfile.avi -zoom -fs

Then it will work in full screen

;)
Cheers
JSS