[MPlayer-users] Re: Compile failed on 'incompatible pointer, type' !

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Sep 19 14:17:55 CEST 2004

On Sunday, 19 September 2004 at 04:11, Adam Felix Bogacki wrote:
> Apologies Reimar (& readers) ...  after two more attempts in which I
> threw in all
> the updated codecs I could find on the site I have managed to get
> most mplayer functions working, although I still keep getting the error
> message on 'incompatible pointer type' (whatever that means).

Where in that compiler message do you see the word "error", huh?
It's a *warning*. A *warning*, not an *error*. If it was an error,
MPlayer wouldn't compile, only stop at that point.

> The thing which stumps me now is that 'mplayer dvd://1'  cranks up the
> dvd player, the screen shows the first frame, and then dies.

Compile with debugging enabled and... wait, why am I explaining this
for the 100th time? Just read the f...ine documentation, starting
with bugreports.html, will you?

> Any ideas ?

Yes, get a clue.

> I changed from deb to CVS partly to get the dvd working
> correctly.

I'd venture a guess you were better off with the debs.

And learn to quote properly, will you?

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/