[MPlayer-users] xv failure with S3 Inc. VT8375 ProSavage8

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Mon Sep 20 20:03:21 CEST 2004

On Sunday, 19 September 2004 at 23:41, Brian T. wrote:
> On September 19, 2004 05:19 am, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > On Sunday, 19 September 2004 at 11:46, Brian wrote:
> > > Slackware 10.0 (fresh install)
> > > xorg 'savage' driver
>
> > X.org's XVideo extension is broken for the time being. It's being
> > discussed all over the place. Check the archives.
>
> Can you recommend a solution?
>
> Backtrack to an older X server? XFree86 perhaps?

Well, yes. XFree86 works. At least up to 4.3.x. Alternatively, you could
try xvidix.

I switched to xvidix recently. With properly configured svgalib_helper,
you don't even need root. But for some strange reason it doesn't work on
ATI Mach64.

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/