[MPlayer-users] Converting MPEG4 to MPEG2 and SVCD

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Sep 21 23:51:00 CEST 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:06:16 -0700 (PDT)
David M <causeheads at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can anyone show me how to use MEncoder to convert an
> mpeg4 file to a mpeg2 file that I can burn to a SVCD.
> I'm a novice at working with video and I'm not sure
> how to do this in my application.

This has been discussed over, and over, and over on this mailing list
already.  You should just search the archives to find lots of detailed
information.

You could look through the "divx2svcd" script in TOOLS/ which does the
job (only made for PAL, but easily modified for NTSC).