[MPlayer-users] mencoder and Interlaced XviDs

Florian Schaefer listbox at netego.de
Fri Sep 24 07:20:52 CEST 2004

Hi Richard!

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:31:40 -0400, D Richard Felker III said:

[...]
> i have never heard of an "interlaced flag" in avi. if it's part of
> xvid, that should be preserved by -ovc copy....

That was just some speculation on my part to explain the error.

Fact is that the original video looks like it is interlaced (ever second
line is clearly different) and the "copied" video hasn't this feature any
more. There I do not see sharp differences between adjacent lines,
instead the whole thing looks like both pictures have been blended
together. Furthermore the only difference I can make out is that the
copied video doesn't have the "Video Properties Header" where the aspect
ratio and this funny "Fields: 1" are defined.

In my opinion, mencoder should recreate such a header for the copied
movie.

> sorry there have been no replies but i think everyone who's read it is
> probably confused about your question.

I know that nobody knew an answer, therefore I tried to be a bit more
provocative in my last mail. ;-)

Ciao
Florian