[MPlayer-users] please help with video capture

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Fri Sep 24 21:13:04 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to use mencoder to perform video capture (from a video camera
connected to a WinTV card) and output to a high quality codec encoded file.
Then I want to take that file and re-encode it to other files of different
bitrates. For example, a streaming movie for low and high bandwidth
situations. But I still want to have the original capture in "lossless"
format.

Is Sorensen lossless? What other options do I have?

In any case, can someone help me out with the appropriate command line to
perform the capture and generate the encoded file?

Thanks for your help
Ricardo