[MPlayer-users] Play from a moment

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Sep 26 19:31:37 CEST 2004

marianciuc wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wont to play one avi file from second 60 at second  900. How I to
> this ?

If it weren't for a couple of minor bugs, this would deserve an RTFM.

First find out the frame rate of your video. Then do

mplayer -ss 60 -frames [840 * framerate] filename.avi

This will not necessarily give you the exact times you want, mainly
because -ss is not always (in fact, rarely) second-exact, but it should
be close enough for many purposes.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.