[MPlayer-users] RealAudio live stream garbles after a%

David Murphy glibdud at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 27 07:00:04 CEST 2004

>From: "David Murphy" <glibdud at hotmail.com>
>To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
>Subject: RE: [MPlayer-users] RealAudio live stream garbles after a%
>Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:56:19 -0400
>
>/dev/rtc is readable by all, so it shouldn't be a permission problem. I
>guess something's got it locked. What are the implications of that in
>MPlayer? Could something be getting thrown out of sync if it can't read the
>RTC?

Well, I read the doc section about the RTC and tried the third option (the
-softsleep flag). I thought I was on to something, but after 45 minutes or
so, it garbled again. So it's not likely a timing scheme issue.

Still no idea...

Is there any other RealAudio decoding software out there I might be able to
test with on a low-end laptop without X? I can't get RealPlayer (8 or 10) to
install, and xine installs, but won't run properly (I'm guessing because of
display issues).

-David Murphy
glibdud at hotmail.com