[MPlayer-users] capture rtsp streams with mencoder?

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Thu Sep 30 17:53:28 CEST 2004

Hi guys,

I know mplayer supports accessing rtsp:// streams, but I was wondering if
mencoder supports rtsp:// streams as well?

The idea is, similar to capturing from a tv:// device and encoding into a
file, I'd like to capture a live stream and encode it into a file as well.
So for example, I can use mp4live to broadcast a live stream to a server,
and on the server side, I can use mencoder to capture that live stream and
store it on the server.

Is this possible? If not, is such a capability planned for future releases
of mencoder?

Thanks much.
Ricardo