[MPlayer-users] TV-Out in Linux

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sat Apr 2 00:40:43 CEST 2005

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:48:44 +0000 (UTC)
Arps <arpspatel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> how do i output my movie to tv using mplayer, i have got nvidia geforce 5200 mx
> 400 card and have already installed the drivers from nvidia website, is there
> any command line i can use to output the video to tv..

The TV-out is just another display, it doesn't need the player to do anything special to output to it.

Plug-in your TV-out to your TV, then boot-up your computer, and you should see something on the TV (text).  Just set your X display resolution to 1024x768 or less (800x600 is ideal), and when you start X, you should see X on the TV.  If you're using a monitor at the same time as your TV-out, you need to setup your XFree86.conf (or Xorg.conf) with more options, all of which are full detailed in NVidia's driver documentation.