[MPlayer-users] Audio produces loud buzz, picture ok.

Hans-Carl Oberdalhoff hco at gmx.de
Mon Apr 4 21:49:49 CEST 2005

> When I try to play “Lord of the Rings – Two Towers I get a good clear
> picture, but the audio is just a loud buzzing sound. Other DVDs play just
> fine. I've not experienced this problem with any other DVD.
>
> Is there something I'm missing?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Please add "-v" to your playing options and
post the output of mplayer to the list. This shows, which stuff used for
decoding the audio-stream and other infos.
(This is mandatory for almost every technical question here.)

One thing in advance:
Maybe the Audio of the dvd is in dts, which was not (yet) natively handled by
mplayer the last time I tried.
If so, look for libdca.

wbr,
hco