[MPlayer-users] audio static

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Apr 5 07:53:08 CEST 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 13:09:45 +1000
James Mills <prologic at shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:

> I have a regular sound-card! I could never get my onboard one working with the 2.6 series kernels :)

Then I suggest trying a different soundcard.  Trying to get your current soundcard to work can take a very long time, when you might just be able to swap it with a different $10 soundcard, and have everything working in a few minutes...

> I do use ALSA atm... I'll try using the OSS drivers in mencoder.

OSS/Alsa has very little to do with mencoder.  It's the choice you make when configuring the kernel, as to which type of soundcard drivers to use, and when you load the modules...