[MPlayer-users] audio static

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Apr 6 00:29:10 CEST 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:52:51 +1000
James Mills <prologic at shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:

> Are you suggesting I get yet another sound card ?

That's what I am suggesting.  You can do whatever you want, of course.  Trying the OSS drivers is also an option if you like.

> I already have a $30 C-Media PCI sound card in my system.

Yes, my on-board was a C-Media as well.  It's really the ALSA mailing list you should be complaining on, since it's some kind of bug in their drivers, not Mencoder.  Try capturing sound with some other program, and you'll get the same static.

> I'm not using the onboard one because I couldn't get it working...

Yes, you've mentioned that multiple times now.