[MPlayer-users] pna stream on bbc not working

Adrian Buciuman adibuciuman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 01:22:54 CEST 2005

Thanks for confirming the problem.
I've seen it both under Windows and under Linux.

There are  two things here:

1. pnm doesn't work. The server asks for a newer player.

2. mplayer doesn't realize that the server has refused the connection
and is endlessly giving some error messages.

Maybe the bug is fixed in current, I haven't tested yet
(In the ChangeLog for Mplayer-current I see "* EOF detect and bugfixes
in pnm:// streams")

I also haven't tested xine with these pnm streams.

Adrian Buciuman