[MPlayer-users] trying to stream more than one MPEG2 file from the server to the client

anupama biswas anupamabiswas at yahoo.co.in
Mon Apr 11 15:10:06 CEST 2005

The server streams out A/V elementary streams
separately in two different ports.

Basically I'm interested in Mplayer channel change
capabilities. If I give the command
mplayer file1 file2
and then switch between the two files, the file being
played is closed and the other file is played.
(Similar action happens for RTSP streaming.) For
multiple switchings, each time the files are played
from the beginning. My intention, however, is to play
multiple streams simultaneously with the option of
channel change; i.e. the video in the background
should also play and when I switch to it, I should
view it not from the beginning but as if it had ran in
the background while the other was run in the
foreground. Is there any MPlayer option to do this?

thanks,
anupama