[MPlayer-users] mplayer and joined mpg files by mpgtx -j

Jouni.Lohikoski@iki.fi jlohikos at cc.hut.fi
Mon Apr 11 21:26:28 CEST 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 05:55:08PM +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> >Mplayer fails to play mpeg1/mpeg2 files which are made by joining many
> >same format (mpeg1/mpeg2) clips together with mpgtx program using -j
> >parameter.
> >< http://mpgtx.sourceforge.net/ >
> >Example:
> >mpgtx -j -o test.mpg 1.mpg 2.mpg 3.mpg
> >
> >Mplayer plays the joined mpg file only to the end of the first clip, but
> >after that usually only sound is heard but video is halted to the frame
> >in the end of the first clip.
> >
> >Xine plays same videos fine, so it is a bug, or is Xine just more
> >tolerant to errors?

> usually it's the opposite. Please, upload a sample to incoming and post
> the filename

mpgtx_-j_-o_test.mpg_1.mpg_2.mpg_3.mpg-video_fails_in_mplayer_works_in_xine.mpg

After 23 seconds only audio continues and video freezed. It is the same
place where 1.mpg ends.

Sorry about the content, if it insults someone, but it is the first
example I found. Mostly 'mpgtx -j -o' files behave the same. xine plays
them but mplayer not. My friend who has little bit different system
confirmed the bug.

// jouni