[MPlayer-users] audio - video synchronization

CrimeDog crimedog at wp.pl
Tue Apr 12 23:05:11 CEST 2005

Dnia 12-04-2005, wto o godzinie 22:28 +0200, Sebastian Krämer
napisał(a):
> On Tuesday 12 April 2005 21:44, amber wrote:
> > > No. Both arts and esound suck when it comes to playing movies.
> >
> > yep. but this is exactly when i need them: i want to hear kadu [1] rings
> > while watching movie fullscreen.
>
> Use alsa's dmix and you won't have to mind arts/dmix issues again..

I have alsa dmix, but this is not as good as it should. MMAP OSS work
only after some hacks (echo "et.x86" >> /proc/asound/card0/pcm0*/oss for
Enemy Territory), even some application using alsa block my soundcard!
Horrible!
I'm Linux fun, installing Linux everywhere I can, but I dream about
something like DirectX for Linux (one unified, good multimedia
platform). I can't do this, because Im not a programmer, but it si
almost done! DirectDraw = SDL, Direct3D = OpenGL, DirectSound = Alsa
dmix with a lot of work, MediaFramework = MPlayer G2 ;-P. Hehe, maybe
last is not done, but libxine is good enough. Other areas like need work
too, but not so much - printing, v4l, ACPI, fonts etc, are working, but
not so "unified" as in ms win ;-(.
Yep, I know that I'm only complaining doing nothing, so I promise, that
I'll try to do something in vacation time after my 'matura' exams. :-)
What do you think abut this? freedesktop.org was a good idea
(unified .desktop files, XrandR etc). Maybe should be freemedia.org
too? ;-)

--
With kindest regards:
Konrad Materka