[MPlayer-users] mplayer and joined mpg files by mpgtx -j

Jouni.Lohikoski@iki.fi jlohikos at cc.hut.fi
Thu Apr 14 09:49:18 CEST 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 09:48:26PM +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> >Could you try if "-vc ffmpeg1" fixes the problem for you too?
> yes, it's my default, and libmpeg2 blocks

How you have set it up so ffmpeg1 is the default codec to be used for
MPEG1 files? Using codecs.conf ?

This may be a FAQ issue, but what is the meaning of codecs.conf
nowadays? It seems to me, lately mplayer runs just fine without any in
/etc/mplayer/ , except of course now when MPEG1 fails using libmpeg.

I've also seen the dates (release) in example codecs.conf files are rather
old, so I am afraid I will break some new features if I install
codecs.conf and not use mplayer's automatic codec recognizability.

// jouni