[MPlayer-users] Wince during DVD and VCD playing

Manfred Seich manfredseich at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 14 22:25:29 CEST 2005

Hi,

sometimes when I play VCD and every time when I play DVD I see a wince
(tremor, twitch) on my television. This happens in an intervall of 2 or 3
seconds.
I use the output of my DVB-Card (Full Featured, i.e. MPEG-2 hardwaredecoder)
to my television.

This is my system:
cpu 			: 431.466 MHz (Celeron)
Memory			: 439 MB
Swap			: 196 MB
Kernel Version		: linux 2.4.21-99-default
libc version		                : lib/libc.so.6
gcc and ld versions	                : gcc version 3.3.1
Mplayer version		: MPlayer 1.0pre6-3.3.1
Linux                                         : Suse 9.0

What can I do to prevent this wince?
Is my system to slow or do I have to set a parameter somewhere in a file of
mplayer?
Except for wince the play-back of movie seems okay.

I´ve read many threads and my understanding is that my system should be
enough for playing dvd and vcd.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.
Manni