[MPlayer-users] Wince during DVD and VCD playing

Manfred Seich manfredseich at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 15 23:35:01 CEST 2005

>It seems to be caused when the sound goes out of sync with the video -
>mplayer drops a few frames of video to bring everything back in sync.
>If you're using a cheap sound card, apparently this can be why the
>timing is out as they're not terribly accurate.  Try playing the video
>with -nosound and see if it makes a difference.  You won't want to
>forcefully stop this from happening (e.g. with -noframedrop) because
>then you'll lose A/V sync after a while.

With "nosound" it´s okay:
mplayer -nosound -vo mpegpes dvd://1 -dvd-device /dev/dvdram

>If it does, -autosync might help here.
With "autosync" I tried several integer values but it didn´t works, i.e.
it´s not okay.
E.G.: mplayer -autosync 10 -ao mpegpes -vo mpegpes dvd://1 -dvd-device
/dev/dvdram

I tried following command "mplayer -ao help" with following information:
Available audio output drivers:
        mpegpes DVB audio output
        oss     OSS/ioctl audio output
        null    Null audio output
        pcm     RAW PCM/WAVE file writer audio output
        plugin  Plugin audio output

Only with parameter "pcm" no wince occurs, i.e. play back is okay.
mplayer -ao pcm -vo mpegpes dvd://1 -dvd-device /dev/dvdram

Conclusion:
"nosound" is not an option, because I need sound for watching movies.
"autosync" doesn´t work.
If I use "mpegpes" (output to DVB-Card) the play back works only with wince.

It would be fine to get sound from DVB-Card without wince.
Do someone else has an idea?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.
Manni