[MPlayer-users] xv overlay dies with nVidia card

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Sat Apr 16 08:36:20 CEST 2005

> Only the primary port is an overlay. The others are fakes that will
> tear.

Actually no, I was surprised - the others don't tear.  On my secondary
monitor (same physical card) I don't have an overlay and all the xv
ports tear, but on my primary display they're all perfect - you honestly
can't tell the difference by just watching them.

Although now that I think about it, I might have to take back my comment
about the bug being with mplayer, because I've never had this happen on
the secondary display, only the primary one.

Cheers,
Adam.