[MPlayer-users] autodetect failing with 1.0pre7 Debian compile

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Mon Apr 18 01:06:06 CEST 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Sebastian Krämer wrote:

> On Sunday 17 April 2005 23:49, Charles Hallenbeck wrote:
>> Can anyone suggest why configuring MPlayer 1.0pre7 might be failing to
>> detect the alsa environment on my Debian system? Kernel 2.6.11.6 with
>> native alsa support, plus an apt-get for alsa-utils. The configuration
>> defaults to OSS sound and I get no audio from streams that 1.0pre6
>> handled just fine.
>
> Have you compiled 1.0pre6 from source?
> Do you have all -dev-packages? I tended to miss these in my debian days..

Probably not. I am a newcomer to Debian, just now wswitching from
Alackware, where I compiled 1.0pre6 with no difficulty. This 1.0pre7 is
the first effort at an MPlayer compile. So much to learn, so little time
in which to learn it.

Thanks.
Chuck

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (63% of Full)
"Things are in the saddle, and they ride mankind." Ralph Waldo Emerson