[MPlayer-users] Quicktime playback with no sound...

Lee McLain lee.mclain at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 00:32:40 CEST 2005

Ok, I still don't have any idea what's going on, so as suggested, I am
including the output from Mplayer.  Keep in mind that I have the qt
codecs installed and I have the "essential" and "all" packages
installed.  I tried before and after installing each of them but there
is still no sound.  Any help would be appreciated.

Lee

MPlayer 1.0pre6-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon MP/XP Thoroughbred (Family: 6, Stepping: 0)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes

Try adding "echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq" to your
system startup scripts.
Opening joystick device /dev/input/js0
Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0 : No such file or directory
Setting up LIRC support...
Playing undead_m480.mov.
QuickTime/MOV file format detected.
--------------
MOV track #0: 373 chunks, 2239 samples
MOV: Found unknown movie atom SMI  (21)!
Image size: 480 x 260 (24 bpp)
Display size: 480 x 260
Fourcc: SVQ3  Codec: 'Sorenson Video 3'
--------------
MOV track #1: 187 chunks, 0 samples
Audio bits: 16  chans: 2  rate: 44100
Audio extra header: len=92  fcc=0x77617665
MOV: Found unknown audio atom Fourcc: QDM2
--------------
MOV: longest streams: A: #1 (187 samples)  V: #0 (2239 samples)
VIDEO:  [SVQ3]  480x260  24bpp  24.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
Clip info:
 name: Undead
 copyright: (c)2005 Lion's Gate Films. All rights reserved
 comments: QuickTime 5 version encoded and delivered by
http://www.apple.com/trailers/
Opening audio decoder: [qtaudio] QuickTime Audio Decoder
ADecoder init failed :(
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!
No vidix driver name provided, probing available ones (-v option for details)!
vo: X11 running at 1024x768 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local display)
[rage128] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[savage_vid] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[pm3] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[SiS] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[mga] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[cyberblade] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[nvidia_vid] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[mach64] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[mga] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[radeon] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[unichrome] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
vosub_vidix: Couldn't find working VIDIX driver
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffsvq3] vfm:ffmpeg (FFmpeg Sorenson Video v3 (SVQ3))
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 480 x 260 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [xv] 480x260 => 480x260 Planar YV12
.
.
.