[MPlayer-users] Deinterlacing when using xvmc

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Thu Apr 21 19:26:21 CEST 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:57:42 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 10:02:02PM -0600, Mark Zimmerman wrote:
> > Greetings:
> >
> > Xvmc is working well for me when I play 720p content but there is a
> > lot of image tearing when I play something that is 1080i. When I use
>
> that is combing, not tearing. they're totally unrelated.
>
> > Xv, the "-vf pp=fd" option works properly to do the deinterlacing.
> > Using '-vf pp=fd -vc ffmpeg12mc -vo xvmc' results in:
> >
> > Couldn't open video filter 'pp'.
> >
> > Is it possible to combine deinterlacing with the use of xvmc?
>
> no. that's why xvmc is stupid -- you can't process the video at all if
> you're letting the hardware decode it.

XvMC support showing only one field. If you really need that
an hack could be done to increase the frame rate twice and
show one field at time (instead frame).
This could be done and for Xv (using stride hacks).
//you can do that now for vo_xvmc by changing magic value 3 to 1 in XvMCPutSurface//

Well there is yet another problem. Usually the content is progressive
and hard telecined. And this is where rich is right, you cannot
detect these frames and cannot fix them.

Wish You Best
   Ivan Kalvachev
  iive