[MPlayer-users] Full Screen on OS X

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Fri Apr 22 06:20:23 CEST 2005

I used to use the pre-compiled Mac OS X binaries for MPlayer  until I
discovered that the binaries were nearly two years old and were the
cause of some playback issues. One of the Video Outs that the
pre-compiled binary had was Quartz. It allowed for video to be played
back in full screen, after switching the screen resolution to the
lowest available (unless otherwise chosen by the user, me). However,
the custom compiled binary I have (Yes, runtime CPU detection is
disabled) does not offer this feature. I can't even change the full
screen resolution with MPlayer.

Maybe I was wrong, perhaps it's using SDL for this, but then SDL would
have to be installed on my system, and as far as the MPlayer version I
compiled cares, SDL does not exist. Is there something I missed, or did
something change between versions?

Duct Tape Tip No. 162:
	Write a book about duct tape's many uses.
	--The Duct Tape Book by Jim and Tim