[MPlayer-users] Live stream of storks

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Apr 24 22:49:28 CEST 2005

On Sunday, 24 April 2005 at 15:15, Erik Kj?r Pedersen wrote:
> L?rdag 23 april 2005 17:22 skrev Thomas Martinsen:
> > I dont see why you'd want the all package.
> > The essential codec contains everything you'd need as a binary codec.
>
> Well I have fast internet connection and a huge harddisk. mplayer gets updated
> automatically from freshrpms by a cronjob when a new version shows up there,

You should not use the freshrpms RPM, as we do not support it.
Switch to the official RPMs, which are BTW available via apt and yum.

> so the only thing I do manually is install the codecs, so in my situation it
> seems to be advantageous to use the "all"-package.

You don't need to do that. The codecs have been packaged a long time ago
and are available from the same repository.

Just use yum install mplayer mplayer-codecs (and mplayer-gui, if desired).

Regards,
R.