[MPlayer-users] "Could not find matching colorspace" for mf://

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Apr 28 06:46:40 CEST 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:25:13 +0200
Mario Valle <mvalle at cscs.ch> wrote:

> What does it means "Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with
> -vf scale..."?

It means the device you are outputting to (the lavc encoder in this
case) requires a video format different than what your source material
is supplying.

> Is it something neutral or it affects quality and/or conversion speed?

It will use some CPU time, but so little that you shouldn't notice the
speed difference in encoding.

> Is it something that I can avoid with appropriate choice of PNG image
> characteristics?

Can you create PNGs with a YV12 color-space?  Probably not...