[MPlayer-users] how to get .png from YUV stream

vitko vitk0 at seznam.cz
Fri Apr 29 16:33:07 CEST 2005

I'm dealing with some very noisy videos and to guess good denoise or blur
parameters I'm playing with "-frames 1 -vo png" to collect some frame samples to
compare them visually.

I grabbed some RealVideo stream to play with it here for debugging purposes, but
following command

    mplayer stork.stream -vf denoise3d=8:6:6  -vo png -frames 1

fails with

    VIDEO:  [RV30]  384x288  24bpp  30.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
    VDec: vo config request - 384 x 288 (preferred csp: Planar I420)
    The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.

    FATAL: Could not initialize video filters (-vf) or video output (-vo).

I guess my RealVideo is YUV, whereas PNG needs RGB. If this is correct, is there
any way to convert YUV to RGB before writing .png file? I've googled and
searched mplayer man page for some time, found nothing (or maybe I'm just too
dumb today :-)

POST SCRIPTUM: NO, I'm not really going to denoise 384x288 video, I just used it
to feed my script quick and dirty. But maybe my DV is also YUV, so I'm trying to
learn a bit.

Vit