[MPlayer-users] Ripping Quicktime Trailers

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Aug 1 12:00:28 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 09:07:03PM +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
> However that is not the actual movie file, it is some sort of plalist.
> wgetting the file and then looking at it reveals some sort of binary
> format, and the file command tells me this:

Well, if you look at it closely you will see that among other things it
contains the string serenity-tlr2_m480.mov
That's the (relative, i.e. you will have to add the remaining part of
the URL to it, which is also the reason why MPlayer can't work on the
downloaded file) url of the movie.
You can just use wget to download it.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger