[MPlayer-users] mplayer unable to play an audio file

Vinay Reddy vinayvinay at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 13:56:28 CEST 2005

Hi,
I am running mplayer-1.0pre7 on linux (compiled from source using the
default options). I have a few mp3s which it is unable to play.
Here's the error:

Cache fill:  4.79% (401408 bytes)    Encrypted VOB file! Read
DOCS/HTML/en/dvd.html.
MPEG: Missing video stream!? Contact the author, it may be a bug :(

The file plays fine on XMMS or WinAmp on windows.

'file problem2.mp3' returned the following:
problem2.mp3: MP2, 128 kBits, 44.1 kHz, Stereo

Can mplayer play mp2's now? I googled and found a post (date Nov 2004)
which said that mplayer didn't have an mp2 demuxer.
http://itdp.fh-biergarten.de/~itdp/html/mplayer-users/2004-11/msg00112.html

Any ideas?

Regards,
Vinay