[MPlayer-users] mplayer blips at start of song

Vinay Reddy vinayvinay at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 15:48:53 CEST 2005

On 8/6/05, ACS <adrian.bacon at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > I managed to upload a part of the problem creating file. It can be
> > found at www.unc.edu/~vinayb/problem.mp3
>
> Using 1.06pre I don't have these blips using mp3lib.
> this mp3lib routine has several optimizations:
> I tried pentium and MMX, both without blips.
> What CPU are you on?
>
> Adrian

I am running MPlayer-1.0pre7 on a Pentium 4 - 1.5 GHz. My mplayer uses
mp3lib by default. I tried both -ao oss and -ao sdl. Both of these
give blips. I am unable to use alsa although it's installed and
alsaconf detects my soundcard (intel 810 soundcard). mplayer -ao
doesn't show up alsa.

I don't think the problem is with mp3lib as there's a blip even with
the .wav dump of the problem file.

Regards,
Vinay