[MPlayer-users] Quicktime encapsulated GIF -> jpeg

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 7 15:02:38 CEST 2005

On Saturday 06 August 2005 09:52 pm, Kichigai Mentat wrote:
> gpgkeys: LDAP search error: No such object
>
> On Aug 6, 2005, at 10.37, Kevin DeKorte wrote:
> > Any idea why this command does not work? I have gif support in my
> > mplayer
>
> MPlayer has GIF support for GIF image files, I believe. I don't think
> it recognizes the FOURCC "GIF" as relating to the GIF image support
> it has built.
>
> Besides, I'm sure it's ten times easier to just open this up in your
> browser and take a screen shot.

The browser won't open it by itself. I was hoping to use mplayer to convert it
into a gif/jpeg/png so that I could use it in mplayerplug-in to create a
button. (Which is either a size or a still of the first frame)

The HTML looks something like this

<embed "application/quicktime" src="{this is the gif file that is in MOV
format}" href="{this is the movie, but it should not start until the gif in
the src attribute is clicked}" >

I did notice that it detected it as "GIF " Note the space maybe that has
something to do with why it does not match.

Kevin