[MPlayer-users] MPlayer CVS Build Fails on Quartz

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Tue Aug 9 05:40:12 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 05:17, Kichigai Mentat wrote:
> I'm not exactly sure how my QT installation would be "flawed." It
> came with the OS, was installed by the OS installation and upgrade
> scripts.

Ok. Maybe it's more up-to-date than the version the vo_quartz author had on
his system and things have changed? I don't know. Fact is, I'm sure it
compiled fine on Nicolas' system, otherwise it wouldn't be in the codebase.

> Looking through the output, I noticed a lot of lines like this:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/
> QD.framework/Headers/Quickdraw.h:83: error: previous definition of
> 'hilite' was here
> ../loader/qtx/qtxsdk/components.h:289: error: redeclaration of
> enumerator 'blend'
>
> For practically every line. All this seemed to do was make the
> problem worse.
>
> I also noticed that the problems seem to start around line 56, and go
> on to spew an error per line (often two). man "request for member
> 'desc' in something not a structure or union" errors or "'<insert
> item here>' undeclared (first use in this function)"

Yes, around line 56 (and further on) datatypes are used that should be
defined first in a header file. The file I suggested to include is probably
not right for this purpose, as it conflicts with OSX stuff. As I said, I
don't have a Mac, so I can't help you any further. You'll have to wait for
the vo_quartz maintainer to comment on this.

--Ivo