[MPlayer-users] latest CVS crash with multiple audio channels

etienne deleflie et at lalila.net
Thu Aug 11 08:32:59 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have a video file that I created with Cinerella. Its a quicktime, with
one track of video compressed as mjp A and 4 channels of 48000 Hz audio
(s16be).

mplayer from latest CVS (2 days ago ).. plays for a couple of seconds
then crashes. Strangely, it compresses  the video frame to half its
correct height, leavng the bottom half black.

But the mplayer that comes with dynebolic plays the file fine (version
1.0pre6-3.2).

I am using Mplayer with Jack ..... so that I can spit the 4 audio
channels to an ambisonic decoder (for surround). Note, however that I
also tried changeing the audio output to OSS and got similar results.
... so it doesn't look like a Jack problem.

Is this a known problem?

Please tell me if you would like a reduced size video for debugging
purposes.

Etienne