[MPlayer-users] current position

Vinay Reddy vinayvinay at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 17:02:53 CEST 2005

Hi,
I wrote an mplayer front end which runs mplayer in slave mode. I also
used the -quiet option for mplayer, so that I didn't have do deal with
the status output that mplayer generates.

But now, I want to know the present playing position in the file.
There doesn't seem to be a command to get the time in seconds
(get_percent_pos doesn't serve my purpose well). What do I do? If I
don't use the -quiet option, do I start a separate thread in my
program which deals with mplayer output? What about the replies to
commands that I send to mplayer? Won't the status messages come in
between? Will I have to parse the output to find out if it's a status
message or a reply to my query?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards,
Vinay Reddy