[MPlayer-users] Real Video on Windows

Rio Mascarenhas carmaski at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 14 10:27:31 CEST 2005

Hi,
	I am trying to play a Real Video file i.e. .rm file
by MPlayer on Windows XP but it gives me an error.
(See below)
I have not compiled it – but used the windows
installer. By going through the documentation I think
I need to find the FFmpeg/libavcodec – codec for
windows.
I hope someone has some idea.

Thank you,
Rio

C:\Program Files\MPlayer>mplayer Untitled.rm
MPlayer 1.0pre7-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon MP/XP/XP-M Barton
(Family: 6, Stepping: 0)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 0
SSE2: 0
Compiled with runtime CPU detection - WARNING - this
is not optimal!
To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with
--disable-runtime-cpudetection.

67 audio & 175 video codecs
Playing Untitled.rm.
Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)    REAL file format
detected.
Stream description: fileinfo
Stream mimetype: logical-fileinfo
Stream description: video/x-pn-multirate-realvideo
logical stream
Stream mimetype:
logical-video/x-pn-multirate-realvideo
Stream description: Video Stream
Stream mimetype: video/x-pn-multirate-realvideo
Stream description: Video Stream
Stream mimetype: video/x-pn-multirate-realvideo
Stream description: Video Stream
Stream mimetype: video/x-pn-multirate-realvideo
Stream description: Video Stream
Stream mimetype: video/x-pn-multirate-realvideo
VIDEO:  [RV40]  400x300  24bpp  15.000 fps    0.0 kbps
( 0.0 kbyte/s)
Clip info:
 copyright: (C) 2004
 comment:
Opening video decoder: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
opening win32 dll 'drv4.so.6.0'
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec
drv4.so.6.0.
Read the RealVideo section of the DOCS!
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
opening win32 dll 'drv43260.dll'
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec
drv43260.dll.
Read the RealVideo section of the DOCS!
VDecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video
format 0x30345652.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

Exiting... (End of file)

C:\Program Files\MPlayer>