[MPlayer-users] Help with the command-line version for Windows

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Mon Aug 15 15:58:06 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 15:45 +0200, Francisco Manjavacas wrote:
> I have tried to change the input.conf file -deleting
> entries and commenting lines with #- but it remains
> the same, the keyboard keeps working. Also, I tried
> the "-noconsolecontrols" command, but no effect.

-noconsolecontrols will not affect key presses to the video window
itself.  I recently ran into this issue as well, and kludged a solution
where I create a temporary input config which maps all keys to an
invalid command.  (I used "noop")  It's not enough simply to
delete/comment entries in the input config file, since it will fall back
to the hardcoded defaults otherwise.

There might be a "correct" way to do this (i.e. something that does what
the non-existent -nowindowcontrols option should do).  But this was my
quick gratification solution that works.

Cheers,
Jason.