[MPlayer-users] mplayer's jack name

etienne deleflie et at lalila.net
Thu Aug 18 03:06:07 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am using Jack .....  which seems to work (reasonably) with Mplayer...
although if I move any of the windows on my screen (even non-Mplayer
ones) Mplayer dies instantly. (could be a Jack RT problem, dont know).

Anyway, ..... my issue is that Mplayer advertises its Jack connections
as "Mplayer [2032]" ... with what seems to be the PID in square
brackets. This is actually not good because it means that I can not
pre-configure my Jack connections since I dont know what the PID of
Mplayer is going to be.

Using qjackctl, it is possible to define (in an XML file) what jack
inputs are connected to what jack outputs. This is extremeley usefull if
one is booting up multiple jack apps all interconnected. .... all the
connections automatically hook up to each other.

Mplayer seems to be the only app which uses its PID as its Jack name,
and this means that the Jack connections all have to be manually
connected everytime.

Etienne Deleflie.