[MPlayer-users] configure script patch

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 16:32:08 CEST 2005

On Thursday 18 August 2005 07:36 am, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Depends. Especially since OpenGL tends to get better and better, whereas
> XV support with some drivers is even deterioration (the number of people
> getting only a blue screen instead of a video until they reboot the
> computer seems to be ever growing).

On ATI hardware (xorg and ATI drivers) xv is limited to 1 head. So if I have a
laptop and I am using an external monitor at one location and not at another.
Xv is not a good choice since I have to reconfigure my X server depending on
what monitor I am using to show xv on. X11 has been the only reasonable
fallback for me, with the improvements to the gl driver I now have another
option, which I appreciate.

Kevin

--
Get my public GnuPG key from