[MPlayer-users] Using the -vo Option

Mark Streatfield mark-st at moving-picture.com
Fri Aug 19 16:29:22 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am using mplayer version 0.90 on a Fedora Core 1 install of Linux.

I am trying to extract a jpeg frame sequence from a quicktime.  I can do this
using the following:

mplayer -frames 1 -vo jpeg myquicktime.mov

However, I do not want the frames to be placed in the current directory.
According to the documentation (
http://mplayerhq.hu/~diego/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.html#VIDEO%20OUTPUT%20DRIVERS%20(MPLAYER%20ONLY))
I can change the output location using:

-vo <driver1[:suboption1[=value]:...],driv- er2,...[,]>

So I run:

mplayer -frames 1 -vo jpeg:outdir=/usr/people/mark-st/ myquicktime.mov

However this does not work, with mplayer giving the error:

Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.
JPEG Unknown subdevice: outdir=/usr/people/mark-st/

but outdir is listed as a valid subdevice of jpeg in the docs.

Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Mark