[MPlayer-users] Getting started on apple

m at de-minimis.co.uk m at de-minimis.co.uk
Sat Aug 20 21:02:20 CEST 2005

I think I hadn't downloaded the standard mac installation properly, or
something
of the kind.  Not quite sure what.  Either way all is lovely and rosy now and
everything I've thrown at it has played.  Including one VCD that a filmmaker
sent me a couple of months back and that wouldn't play in Quicktime or windows
movie player.  Well done all of you!

So what's the story about the codecs?  I take it that they are translating
machines, that the input language is mpeg or vcd or whatever, but what's the
output?  Do they run as a separate process?

Regards, Max