[MPlayer-users] problems displaying DVD

manou ailoflinux at yahoo.es
Sun Aug 21 15:19:40 CEST 2005

Hi people,
  I have an IBM Thinkpad A20m, that is a laptop Pentium Celeron 550 Mhz
with 192 Mb of RAM. My DVD is a Combo LG 5240-p connected through PCMCIA
in 16 bit mode since in cardbus mode it's no possible to make it
function.
  My problem is that when I play a DVD with MPlayer I get this message:
"too many video packets in the buffer (4096 in 8272851 bytes)"
and then I can't hear any sound.

I don't test with other DVD player since i don't like to have more than
one program for the same thing. But if i don't get any suggestion soon i
will try with other DVD player, either now I don't know any other.

I'm not sure if i can fix it with any option of mplayer or it's another
kind of issue that doesn't involve mplayer but since i use mplayer to
watch my DVDs i write to this list. Please if i have to write to another
list tell me what because I don't want to bored anybody.
My OS is a GNU/Linux UBUNTU Hoary.

Any suggestion will be really appreciate.

Thanks.