[MPlayer-users] Mplayer exits prematurely when playing this audio file from avoicemail sytem NOVIRUS

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Aug 22 11:47:23 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 08:57:15AM +0100, Gary Mansell wrote:
> I am obviously missing the point of this list!! Over the last year I
> have tried to report this bug several times to this list but no-one
> seems at all interested. I have had no responses at all.

Because there is no fix for it and there is already at least one
bugzilla entry about it.

> I am trying to use mplayer to play these files. The trouble is that most
> of the time (possibly always) mplayer exits prematurely before all the
> message has been heard. I have tried playing the same file on a Windows
> machine and it plays the message to the end correctly.

It is some weird behaviour of the acelp.net decoder. Write/have someone
write an open-sour decoder for it and the problems are almost certainly
gone.
Otherwise investigate what the problem with the dshow decoder is
(libmpcodecs/ad_dshow.c).
I think you need to call a special function or use special parameters
for the DS_AudioDecoder_Convert call after reaching EOF.
Also trying some of the other players (xine, vlc) and telling us the
results would be helpful, as well as saying how it works with -ao pcm.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger