[MPlayer-users] Take/Dump Screenshot Feature

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 08:00:23 CEST 2005

Greetings,

On 8/25/05, Obsessive Maths Freak <obsessivemathsfreak at eircom.net> wrote:
> Good day to all. I'll start off in classic griper fashion by
> complaining. Apologies.
>
> Well, no. I'll start off by saying that Mplayer/Mencoder is an awsome
> program. I doubt there's any other program that can do anywhere near the
> amount of stuff this program can.

:)

> However, as you may have guessed from my subject header, there's one
> thing Mplayer can't do. That is, take screenshots.

There's a patch floating a around that does it thanks to a video filter.
It was posted with the subject "[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch][rfc]
screenshot"; I forwarded the patch an updated files in private.

I hope this will help you to get started, and that this functionality
will one day get implemented.

[..]

Guillaume

--
Live fast, die old, and make very sure everyone knows you were there.
 -- Alan Cox