[MPlayer-users] Mplayer doesn't compile

Tor Olav Stava t-ol-sta at online.no
Fri Aug 26 09:49:29 CEST 2005

Michael Scholz wrote:

> Reimar,
>
> your hints helped - now it compiles! I still have no idea why the
> GL-stuff is broken nor what could have caused it. Previous releases of
> mplayer compiled out of the box (i. e.: tar -xjf <Archive> && cd
> <TargetFolder> && ./configure && make && ./mplayer <opts> <media> &&
> :o) ).
>
> Anyway, if there's some time I'll try to investigate the issue a
> little closer. But I can't say when. Even others may be a lot faster
> finding out why.
>

> CU!
>
> -Mike

>> Hi,
>> >
>> > Just so it's clear, any one of these four will work. Unless you intend
>> > to use opengl, I'd just go with #4 (disabling it).
>>
>> Though I wouldn't mind if you could find out why and it what way your
>> headers are broken if you have some time to invest.
>> Also having more vos available means more ways to test things, in case
>> you are interested in doing some testing/porting yourself somewhen *g*.
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Reimar Döffinger

Hi!

Maybe not the cause of the roubles, but I discovered during my LFS/BLFS
build that installing the drivers from NVidia will brake the build of
MPlayer. Reason is that NVidia replaces a few GL header files. This
could be disabled during the install of the drivers, or just use the
./configure --disable-gl option when compiling MPlayer. Worked for me ;)
If anyone's interested, I can post exactly which files gets replaced by
the NVidia driver install.

C ya,
Tor Olav