[MPlayer-users] Bug -- "vf*" overriding "vfwopts"

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Aug 26 12:00:18 CEST 2005

It's official, there is NOBODY (except me) using -ovc vfw.  Otherwise
somebody else would have noticed this long-standing bug before me.

The option "vf*" in cfg-common.h is overriding "vfwopts" in cfg-
mencoder.h.  It looks like vfwopts just needs to be declared in cfg-
common.h (just like vfm and vformat are).  Error
message is attached.

Other than that, I was quite surprised how well -ovc vfw works...
Though most dlls crash, some like vp4 worked perfectly, and
surprisingly fast (about 35fps; as fast as lavc). While the
VP3 dll that comes with the latest codec pack from mplayerhq crashed,
the latest release of vp32 from Xiph does work (thankfully, because vp3
encoding is exactly what I was looking to do):
http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/vp3/3.2.6.1/winvfw/

The only thing I'm missing is the most basic option... the ability to
set the bitrate.  How difficult would it be to add that basic feature
to ve_vfw.c?